Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

Can Archicad Education use add-in?

Thanh Phan
Contributor

I have an Archicad Education license and am trying to test my custom add-in but it can't seem to load it. Is it because of my license or my add-on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Anyone can develop an add-on that works in the demo version... the easiest way to learn.  For an add-on to work in any licensed version, the developer must be registered with Graphisoft and received a personal MDID to identify themselves within the add-on.  All of this is explained both in posts in this forum, and in the Archicad API documentation.  You can learn by compiling any of the many sample add-ons provided with the API dev kit... which will work in demo mode (without the MDID).

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly

If you can load other add-ons with your Educational License (which I am pretty sure you can), but you can't load your add-on, then I would suspect a problem with the compilation of the add-on.

Don't ask me what though.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Can you give me a dumb add-in to test? It's hard to find an Archicad add-in on the internet. Thank you.

My add-in still works on demo version

Someone that develops add-ons will have to answer.

I think you have to be registered as a developer?

But I am really not sure as I don't develop add-ons myself.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution

Anyone can develop an add-on that works in the demo version... the easiest way to learn.  For an add-on to work in any licensed version, the developer must be registered with Graphisoft and received a personal MDID to identify themselves within the add-on.  All of this is explained both in posts in this forum, and in the Archicad API documentation.  You can learn by compiling any of the many sample add-ons provided with the API dev kit... which will work in demo mode (without the MDID).

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Thanh Phan
Contributor

Thank you

AnnaFrost2390
Participant

Thanks)