BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Rendering wall with different heights or slopes

roni
Booster

Hi Team,
I was trying to render a wall using archicad CPP API's with different height on top or wall having slope. I had added the screenshot of what I'm trying to do.
What I had tried
1. SEO - Was able to do place a morph element above wall and do SEO in Archicad UI. This was successful in Archicad application but was restricted in CPP API's. From this doc, https://graphisoft.github.io/archicad-api-devkit/group___element.html#ga1a5d9501241379e03fb90fd8137a...only two morph elements can be used for SEO operations. (or Archicad were yet to expose the wall <-> morph SEO API).
2. Using morph element - Create the shape you wanted using the Morph element. This approach won't allow you to convert the morph to wall element. (Other way is possible). And if I choose morph I will lose wall properties.

Is there anything I should try?

@BerndSchwarzenbacher  @Akos Somorjai @Barry Kelly @Viktor 

wall with slope.png

3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I am not a programmer, but normally, when modeling in Archicad, you can also achieve this by placing a polygonal Opening into the Wall; the shape of the Opening will cut off the top of the Wall, achieving the desired geometry. It is better than using a Morph because the cut is automatic (no need for SEO) and the Opening stays associated with the Wall so if the Wall is moved, the Opening  goes with it.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Hi @Laszlo Nagy  
Thanks for the response, I had tried same, so far I was only able to create rectangular openings via CPP API's. Only able to create freestyle opening through the ArchiCad application directly.
Is there any way to create freestyle or polygonal openings via CPP API's?

Regards,
Roni Vincent.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Sorry, I am not a programmer or developer, I am not familiar with the Archicad API so I cannot say.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!