BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx and Spacemouse Navigation

Andy Melaragno
Enthusiast

I know the current version of BIMx for Windows Desktop is supposed to be compatible with the 3DConnexion Spacemouse, but the navigation seems backwards from the navigation in Archicad. The navigation in Archicad using a Spacemouse is very natural, in BIMx it is not. I have tried to change the settings in the 3DConnexion software but BIMx seems to ignore the settings. Is anyone else having this issue? I just downloaded and installed the latest driver so I don't think that is the issue.

Andy Melaragno

Columbus, Ohio USA

AC 24 - 27 USA | Windows 11 Pro | GeForce RTX 2060 Super | 32 GB |Intel i7-8700K @3.70 Ghz
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

I am not sure I have the latest version from the app store, but does the invert horizontal/vertical axis options have any affect?

BarryKelly_0-1694738395468.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
mthd
Ace

My Spacemouse navigation is backwards for my windows 10 computer using Chief Architect but normal with Archicad. I haven’t used BIMx recently so I can’t tell with that app.

Hope you find out why it is backwards as it will help me too with my other CAD app.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

Thanks Barry but this does not help. There are time that I make a change in the 3DConnexion settings to revers motions and it seems to work for a second or two but then reverts back to being reversed.

Andy Melaragno

Columbus, Ohio USA

AC 24 - 27 USA | Windows 11 Pro | GeForce RTX 2060 Super | 32 GB |Intel i7-8700K @3.70 Ghz

Hi, you could also ask on the 3DC forum if you haven’t already do so that is ?

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
Josh Verran
Expert

I am experiencing a similar issue, but only for rotation and pitch.
Reversing the setting in the mouse app has no effect.
Also the inverted controls only occur when inside the model (rooms).

Tricky to capture in a recording but you can see the camera movement change as soon as it enters what would be the room zone.

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
ApolloBaylor
Participant

@Andy Melaragno wrote:

I know the current version of BIMx for Windows Desktop is supposed to be compatible with the 3DConnexion Spacemouse, but the navigation seems backwards from the navigation in Archicad. The navigation in Archicad using a Spacemouse is very natural, in BIMx it is not. I have tried to change the settings in the 3DConnexion software but BIMx seems to ignore the settings. Is anyone else having this issue? I just downloaded and installed the latest driver so I don't think that is the issue.

The navigation feels awkward compared to the seamless experience in Archicad. I've tried adjusting settings in the 3DConnexion software, but it seems that BIMx is ignoring these changes. Even after downloading and installing the latest driver, the issue persists. Has anyone else experienced this navigation problem with the 3DConnexion Spacemouse in BIMx on Windows? I'd greatly appreciate any insights, tips, or workarounds that the community might have to offer.

Learn and get certified!