BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Cadimage D+W: Door Frame Size vs Door Panel Size

Stress Co_
Advisor
Is it possible to change how "Cadimage Door and Window Builder" identifies the size of a door?

I build a door with a 2'-6" x 6'-8" PANEL (30"w x 80"h).

Using an AC library door I get schedules, door settings, pop-up info tags to read the PANEL size (this is what I want).

With D+W B I get the overall frame size (i.e.: width=frame+panel+frame).

This is really easy to change, right? I'm just missing some simple check box somewhere, right? Please?
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
3 REPLIES 3
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Marc,

Are you using the CadImage Scheduler? I have used it and it generates the actual door and or window sizes as far as I remember.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Stress Co_
Advisor
No. I'm using a really simple AC schedule (It shows: door number, size and notes).

I know the Cadimage Scheduler has a setting to display door panel size in the schedule. However, I've never been able to create the simple schedule I desire. Is it even possible?

I was hoping D+W B had a "toggle" to set the Nominal door size, like the D1 USA door has (see attached).

It's more than just the schedule. If I create a 2-6 x 6-8 door.... I want it to be panel size. It's just quicker, faster, easier to type the size the contractor will be ordering.

Rant over
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Rryan
Participant

Marc,

Old thread but hopefully you've found and added the leaf dimensions field in schedule scheme settings. I like to show both leaf and frame dimensions (per mfg.) because the doors might be a long lead and the frame is what defines framing / RO. But I also have some pretty tech doors for this project and could see standard leaf and frame dimensions being pretty straightforward for GC's.

I also noticed CI doors and AC doors were scheduling differently as I had two stragglers that were still AC doors. Definitely notable.

Thanks,

Ry Guy 🙂

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 9.18.20 PM.png
Learn and get certified!