Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Converting AC9/10 files to AC27

Zdenko
Contributor

doing my best to determine how in the world to convert AC9 or 10 files to 27. i have downloaded the converters for both 9 & 10 but clueless on next steps? looking at the FAQ part and the response doesn't help our situation?

How do I install these packages? You don’t – and that is exactly the point. These are ready-to use packages. Just download and unpack them, then drop them in a folder inside your Program Files or Applications folder.

no i don't see the point? i have been hired on as the new engineer/designer and tasked with getting all of the old AC 9/10 files into 27. so far i am striking out and on top of that i see that "possibly" my current macbook pro operating system may not convert? very painful and imo unacceptable, maybe i am just to old for this anymore.

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon Sonoma 14.4.1

Archicad 27 (3001 USA Full Intel Based MAC)
Sonoma 14.4.1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

You can install AC (17-26) to open & save this AC (9) file then open the new saved in AC(27).

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/27/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapid=#t=_AC27_Help%2F005_NewFe...

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Solution

You can install AC (17-26) to open & save this AC (9) file then open the new saved in AC(27).

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/27/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapid=#t=_AC27_Help%2F005_NewFe...

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
Karl Ottenstein

Mahmoud gave the full answer.   In practicality, Archicad 26 can open files back to version 8.1 - so you just need to download and install AC 26 on your system - open/save and then open in 27... if those files were originally saved as PLA so that all library parts are available.

If the old files are PLN, then you're in for a world of work as the AC 9 and 10 'converters' (which will not run under Sonoma... but will run under Windows) ... have only the INT libraries... and if the project has a localized library, you'll need to reach out to tech support for how to download those libraries... or for someone here to upload them somewhere for you.  The library migration will be the biggest hassle in dealing with projects so old... if, as I said, they weren't saved as PLA files containing all used objects.

The 'unacceptable' part you refer to is, I hope, that your company wants you to do this... making up for their sloppiness in letting 20 year old files sit without migrating them along the way over the years.  Unless they have a bunch of old Macs with old operating systems, you're going to want to do this on a Windows 10 (or maybe 11) system where nearly all old versions will still run.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

thank you Mahmoud and Karl, after sending the post i read ac19 should help, will install this morning. appreciate the quick response and have a good day guys!

Sonoma 14.4.1

gave myself a few minutes to think and re-consider my attitude this morning. i completely AGREE with your assessment concerning sloppiness. i just didn't want to respond with a tirade of short expletives 🙂

i did see some some PLN files but did not do a deep dive, that will be today's task. that sloppiness is causing me much angst at the moment considering they also had an outside consulting firm doing the work prior to my on-boarding. that in of itself leads to other questions? i also finally convinced them yesterday that the "apple magic mouse" is imo worthless for cad software after showing the difference's (apple has also been informed).

Sonoma 14.4.1

Disagree in Magic Mouse,,, it is excellent with Archicad if it is set up properly.  Maybe you’re not normally a Mac user?   19 likely will not install on Sonoma.  On Sonoma, you should install 26, otherwise for this conversion task you should use a Windows machine.

AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

i definitely must not have the mouse setup correctly. i read a prior post and my settings appeared to match what was shown. my biggest gripe is the ability to effectively zoom/pan with it as i find myself needing to use the keyboard which in of itself is horrible. so i am all about learning, since i am very new to mac. thanks for the heads up on sonoma and will download 26. my next question is, since i have a 27 license will it impact when i install 26 or is the license still good for both? 

Sonoma 14.4.1

Your license is good for all earlier versions of Archicad…that can support your license type (physical Codemeter, virtual Codemeter go back the farthest).

hi Karl - so downloaded and all went well however this is the message i get after selecting commercial software key for my username and josh. josh is the one who setup the subscription which should be transferred over on my end. had similar issue when i first started using ac27 but Steve helped out. not sure if i need to place a ticket with support elsewhere?ac26-a.jpgac26-b.jpg

Sonoma 14.4.1

It looks like you’re in the US, so you need to contact Graphisoft North America technical support to resolve that…assuming you do have a soft license no not a physical Codemeter USB key plug.

Setup info provided by author