BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DWF 2008 support?

Anonymous
Not applicable
It appears that ArchiCAD 12 can't read DWFs from AutoCAD 2008. This is quite bad because AutoCAD has no facility to publish to earlier versions (as far as I can see).

My problem is that we have AutoCAD 2008 here and I want to publish the sheets from a DWG file for referencing in ArchiCAD. I can't figure out any way to get the DWF files back to a format I can read and I don't want to go through all the hassle of tweaking layers in DWG.

I understand the difficulty of supporting the latest DWG since there is no help from Autodesk, but DWF is a published and supported standard that should be easy to implement.
3 REPLIES 3
Thomas Holm
Booster
Matthew, there are a number of DWF to DWG or PDF converters to find by a Google search. Some of them should work (although I know it's a workaround, and probably expensive too).
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Could either of you point me to a DWF converter that works with Apple? Preferably free... I know that is a lot to ask but I hate to pay for something I'll likely only use once in a very long while....
Djordje
Ace
SteveC0013 wrote:
Could either of you point me to a DWF converter that works with Apple? Preferably free... I know that is a lot to ask but I hate to pay for something I'll likely only use once in a very long while....
Install Windows on your Mac and it will work ... Autodesk is not known for MacOS support.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!