BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door swings in IFC file

andybartos
Contributor

Good morning-

I am having an issue with the IFC models I am preparing for our consultants, specifically door swings. I always check my IFC file in my seat of Revit and Solibri and see the door swings are not showing up in either software. When saving the file, I am using the Exact Geometry export translator, All 3D elements with Door/Window 2D views, and have selected Door/Window 2D views in Select 2D elements to export. Is there something else I should be checking to allow these to show up? Thanks for your help. I'm running Archicad 25 on a Mac studio pro.

Screen Shot 2023-11-22 at 1.15.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-11-22 at 1.15.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-11-22 at 1.37.45 PM.png

Andrew Bartos
Breslin Architects
macOS Monterey | Mac Studio-Apple M1 Max | 64 GB
Archicad 7 - 25
2 REPLIES 2
andybartos
Contributor

Hi everyone- As an update to this issue I've been having I tried saving other IFC files from 2 different projects with the same translators. The door swings do show up in Revit! So now I'm down to troubleshooting something that must be specific to that one model. Any thoughts would be appreciated on what might be checked/unchecked in the problem model? Model view options, doors used in the model, etc. are all, so far, the same as the files that work. The same door is being used in all. It's a stumper! Thanks to all.

Andrew Bartos
Breslin Architects
Archicad 7 - 25

Update on this problem. If I save the IFC file from the Plan view, I have door swings in my Revit model. If I save it from a 3d view, no door swings. Could I have something checked wrong that would affect them not showing up when saved from the 3d window?

Andrew Bartos
Breslin Architects
Archicad 7 - 25
Learn and get certified!