BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Energy Compliance

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is here and Archicad has no clue about it, designing for energy compliance.

To meet or beat the energy standard, which is a critical component of LEED and has also become the default energy code for most states the ASHRAE 90.1
It was a link that died http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=13306&highlight=ashrae#13306

ASHRAE 90.1 delegates to the mechanical engineers these aspect of the design compliance:

• envelopes and fenestration
• lighting and lighting controls

I hope AC 10 will address this totally neglected aspect. Soon one will have no choice but to move to a BIM package that is built around the energy codes.
2 REPLIES 2
gpowless
Advocate
Ontario, Canada has had ASHRAE 90.1 requirements incorporated in the Building Code since about 1995.

I took a course on compliance when I was a building inspector. Funny to that the course was designed for architects and engineers and there were only about oneof each in a class of about 30. BTW it was a freebee put on by then Ontario Hydro.

In the course material and manual there was software that helped analyze the building on the prescriptive / and or optional paths. I think I still may have a copy of both the lighting and envelope programs but they are probably out of date...considering that they ran under DOS....
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
Anonymous
Not applicable
This standard is 90.1– 1999 and no the old 90.1-1989
Believe me is not a cakewalk. Of course the DOE COM-Check works if design or $$ is not a concern. The next standard being developed by the DOE is so strict that no Architect will be able to bring a building in budget or design one without addressing envelope concerns from start.

I know most of this list is preoccupied by pretty images and tools to express them but I am warning the writing is on the wall , we are fast approaching the moment we must be able to design or be reduced to fashion consultants.
Learn and get certified!