BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

General Cinema 4D questions....

Anonymous
Not applicable
First off, is this a program that will enable us to import a Archicad model to them manipulate into something more "organic" (for lack of a better word).

I've noticed Cinema 4D has various packages out there for a variety of prices. (Core Package, XL Bundle, Studio Bundle, Architecture Package, etc.)

What is the specific Cinema 4D package Archicad users need in order to manipulte our models in a similarly to how we were with Maxon Form?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just use the core package which comes with Bodypaint. I use Maxwell as my rendering engine so don't need AR. We have the architectural package at work but I don't use any of the extra features. With AC11 and C4D10 you can download a free "bridge" between the two and do what you used to use Maxonform for. I think Maxonform is going away if not gone already. Downside is that the bridge is one way, you bring you AC model into C4D and then you can save the geometry and bring back into AC as an object...a very polygon heavy object. Using this method can bog AC down pretty quick.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Totally off subject.
Josephus, hows the Fall colors going off right now?
I'm also a landscape photographer (4x5) and really enjoyed a trip to GSM outside of Knoxville a couple of years ago.
Especially enjoyed back road out of Cades Cove back to Townsend.
Just could not bring myself to do the white church shot, but walked down some of the slopes on the back road out, WOW.
Sure wish I was in Tennessee right now!
Bier
Anonymous
Not applicable
a worthwhile off subject topic...too early for the fall colors. Leaves just now starting to turn a little. When it does turn to yellow, oranges, bright reds...it comes suddently and lasts maybe 2 weeks or so. Last year we caught it just perfect going down the Natchez Trace...absolutely glorious. It's so different being "in" it as opposed to seeing it on a photograph....though a worthwhile endeavor to try to capture the essence. We also visited Cades Cove recently, know what you're talking about...got some nice shots of my wife and I at one of the log cabins....great textures We moved here from Las Vegas a little over three years ago...no regrets Beautiful state and so far still decent economy around Nashville.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, figured a little early, but this would be (if I could this year,which I can't) the time to head that way from here, (Ca.).
Being early and staying throughout is the best, because as you said it only lasts a short time. And as I found out, the "Peak" is very short indeed.
Could be beautiful today, along comes wind (red leaves are the Holly Grail and the weakest I believe) and peak is gone.

Also locals (around Knoxville) said there is some who make a science out of trying to calc the peak based on temp,moisture, time, relationship to, and ratios etc,etc to try and predict which Fall season will be a better 'peaker' and when, than another. I was told peaks run in roughly 10 yr cycles, kinda like our economy. (Uh...Don't think we are at the peak right now).
Glad your economy is doing well, we are doing just fine to.

Also got some time to walk around Nashville.
Of course had to see the old entrance side to the Grand Old 'Lady'.
It was hard to believe I was actually standing there and seeing even that small part of American history. My wife could not be with me on that trip and she being a musician was bummed she missed out.
Did not get to go inside, think I was there on an early Sunday morning.
Have you been inside?
Take care.
Bier
Learn and get certified!