BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Omniclass mapping preset download

Alberto Squizzato
Contributor

Good morning everybody, 

maybe I have missed the post (if it is the case, I ask the administrators to excuse me), but I have not found anywhere a preset to map the IFC type for the export based on Omniclass classification (like the one existing for the Archicad one). Am I supposed to create a custom one or does it exist downloadable anywhere ?  The project I am dealing with has not an Archicad classification assigned to the elements. 

Thank you very much. 

Looking forward to your feedback. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I am afraid that is what you would have to do. Omniclass Classification can be downloaded from graphisoft.com and imported into Archicad, but you would still have to perform all the mapping between Omniclass classifications and IFC types. You would also have set the proper Omniclass classifications for tool defaults and Favorites. But, if you do it once and create a Template file, you will not have to do it again. Still, it is probably quite a bit of work.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I am afraid that is what you would have to do. Omniclass Classification can be downloaded from graphisoft.com and imported into Archicad, but you would still have to perform all the mapping between Omniclass classifications and IFC types. You would also have set the proper Omniclass classifications for tool defaults and Favorites. But, if you do it once and create a Template file, you will not have to do it again. Still, it is probably quite a bit of work.

Hi Laszlo, 

thank you very much for your answer. I was afraid that the answer would have been this one, but I think that to make available this kind of preset would greatly benefit our work as Archicad users. For only a single project it would be easier to assign an Archicad classification, I feel, but for a more extensive use of Omniclass I think that your way of proceeding is perfect! 

Thank you again! 
Best, 

Alberto Squizzato 

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

You can make a wish for this feature, users can vote on it with Likes, and I can submit it to Graphisoft for consideration.

If you do make a wish, please post its link in this thread.

Alberto Squizzato
Contributor

Laszlo,

thank you for the suggestion, here the link to the wish I added : 

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes/Make-the-preset-omniclass-IFC-type-available/m-p/574055/h...

Best, 

Alberto

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I will forward it to Graphisoft (I forward all wishes posted on the Community) 🙂 

Learn and get certified!