BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Publisher Set

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am a new AC10 user on Mac PowerBook G4 (OS 10.3.9).

I am trying to create a Publisher Set in PDF or DWG format that I can e-mail to my consultants. In the Organizer window I drag a layout sheet from the Layout Book to the Publisher Set. Then I click on the 'Publish' button at the bottom of the Navigator.

A Publisher Set Properties window pops up. I select the Save Files for the Publishing Method. Then I click the 'Browse' button to select the folder in which to save the Publisher set. Then I select the 'Create flat file structure' and click OK.

Then I highlight the recently transferred file in the Publisher Set and click on 'Publish' button at the bottom of the Navigator. A Publishing window pops up top show the file being save to the destination folder. It also show the size of this file.

Finally when I try to open this file in Adobe Reader (7.0.5) and an error message pops up - " ....not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged..." When file icon is highlighted it shows the file size to be zero. I get the same result no matter which Layout with content I save to the Publisher Set.

I also tried this in DWG format. I was able to open the Publisher file AC10 but it was empty.

I got the same results when I tried after restarting the computer.

Appreciate if anyone have a solution to this problem.
14 REPLIES 14
Stress Co_
Advisor
I don't know about the DWG's, But try unclicking "merge to one PDF file". You should be able to create PDF's a one .......page......at......a......time

It's a bug. Do a search for: zero k pdf ... it's been discussed.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your response but where do I find the " merge to one PDF file" command?

I also tried searching for the keyword " zero k pdf". Although I came across some discussions about this topic I did not see a proposed solution.

Bala
Stress Co_
Advisor
Bala wrote:
where do I find the " merge to one PDF file" command?
See attached
Bala wrote:
. Although I came across some discussions about this topic I did not see a proposed solution.
Still waiting for a fix.
Marc Corney, Architect

Anonymous
Not applicable
Marc:
Thank you once again for responding. After clicking on 'fix' link I am glad to discover that the problem is not related to the Mas OS since mine is OS 10.3.9.

I am puzzled why the option 'merge to one PDF file' is not available on my window. Instead I see in its place, 'crop image to zoom' option but this grayed out.

I would show you this clip except I do not have a screen capture software. The Mac's 'GRAB' software does not work because the AC 10 window does not remain on screen when I activate GRAB. What is the name of your screen capture window?

Bala
TomWaltz
Participant
Bala wrote:
I would show you this clip except I do not have a screen capture software. The Mac's 'GRAB' software does not work because the AC 10 window does not remain on screen when I activate GRAB. What is the name of your screen capture window?
You don't need to open Grab. You can used Command-Shift-4 to screen capture an area (click and drag to select the area, or press SPACE to pick an entire program window/palette) and Command-Shift-3 to capture the entire screen.
Tom Waltz
Stress Co_
Advisor
Bala:
Do you have the Folder (containing the PDF's) highlighted? See the Arrow on previous attachment.

...what Tom said on screen shots.... or you can also use the "timed screened" capture with "Grab".
Marc Corney, Architect

Anonymous
Not applicable
Marc:
The 'merge' message did show up when the file was highlighted. However I got the same result. See attached composite. One shows the PDF file size when being 'Published' to a folder. The second shows the saved file in the folder having 'zero' value when highlighted. I get error message when I try to open it.

I have the latest AC10 update as far as I can tell.

BTW the screen saver command is much better than trying to use the GRAB.

Thanks.

Bala
Stress Co_
Advisor
Try Alex's fix: Here.
Marc Corney, Architect

Anonymous
Not applicable
Marc:
I will try out the posted solution within the next couple of days and let you know how it worked out.

Thanks.

Bala
Learn and get certified!