BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Stopping a publish action

Haneef Tayob
Booster
I can't seem to stop or pause a publish action.
The buttons to pause and stop do exist, but don't seem to respond.

This occurs in the [Navigator-Publisher Set]. The problem is that if I forget and ask it to publish the entire set, instead of just the selection, I have to wait for the entire process to complete.
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
4 REPLIES 4
Chazz
Enthusiast
Was it this one that (on the Mac anyway) you could press command period and get it to --grudgingly-- stop? Or am I remembering something else? The equivalent on the windows would be Control Period, right?
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Chazz
Enthusiast
I just tested it in v12 and yes, I'm not going crazy, doing the above keyboard combo does stop the process. HTH.

In general I find that AC is very resistant to stop doing something when asked. 3D window processes are slow to halt and so are other things I can't recall now. Makes me feel like it's running me instead of the other way around... We are the slave. It is the master.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Haneef Tayob
Booster
thanks
In the Windows version, ctrl-C seems to work, although it's not instantaneous.
Perhaps GS should show it as an option, rather than the two non functioning buttons.
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
Haneef wrote:
I can't seem to stop or pause a publish action.
The buttons to pause and stop do exist, but don't seem to respond
Can we also ask GS to also fix the ever-so-useful rendering stop button, that stops responding after 15 seconds!
Learn and get certified!