BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

View empty when schedules brought into PlotMaker

Anonymous
Not applicable
For some reaso, my views are empty when I bring mmy schedules into PlotMaker.

Here's what I am doing:

I create my schedule and paste it into the floorplan

I copy the schedule

I create an independent detail

I paste the schedule in the independent detail

I set the display and scale and then save it as a view set.

I close the new view.

I reopen the independent detail and view created to make sure everything worked.

I save the pn file

I import the schedule view into plotmake

Plotmaker tells me the view is empty.

What am I doing wrong?

PS..Im using version 9, no time to convert to version 10 at this juncture
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like this might also be a layer visibility problem. In general the view when placed on a layout will, by default, have the same layer visibility as the view saved in AC. You CAN manually change the layer visibility in PM so check to make sure that this has not been done.

Try deleting the drawing from the layout and insert it again to see if it works.
Anonymous
Not applicable
What kind of schedules are you doing? The interactive schedule is great for door and window schedules, but the view (in AC9) needs to stay in the plan window. If you are creating a view, always have the view tied to a layer combination and do not change layer visibility in plotmaker. What you see in your view will then be what you get in plotmaker.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks all.

I'm creating Interactive Schedules and placing them in the plan view.

I have a strict layer control with a consistent layer combination (it's simply one layer called schedules and I set the layer combination to Schedules, which is just this one layer, prior to placing any schedules)

I create the schedule with the "Schedule" layer combination selected

I place the schedule on the plan.

I create an independent detail and paste that schedule in the new independent detail

I save the independent detail as a plotmaker view set as the name of that schedule.

I never change the layer assigned to the schedule in the calculate menu where its created and I always place it with the "Schedule" layer combination selected. The same layer combination is selected when I create the plotmaker view set.

I bring it into Plotmaker and NEVER mess with manually changing the layer visibility in PM, except to crop the view by moving the hot spots.

I don't know what you mean by "but the view (in AC9) needs to stay in the plan window"

I deleted the schedule and repeated the above steps three or four times before I ever posted this question.

I hope this makes some sense
Anonymous
Not applicable
vincon2 wrote:
I create an independent detail and paste that schedule in the new independent detail
Mike wrote:
... the view (in AC9) needs to stay in the plan window......
Anonymous
Not applicable
My approach with the IS is to insert it in the plan window as Mike Hann says but make it 100-200 feet from your plan, zoom into it and set up a view with layer combination, display option, scale etc to the view editor. Open PM and import the newly saved view. No need to save it to a detail window. Am I missing something in this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
gbley wrote:
My approach with the IS is to insert it in the plan window as Mike Hann says but make it 100-200 feet from your plan, zoom into it and set up a view with layer combination, display option, scale etc to the view editor. Open PM and import the newly saved view. No need to save it to a detail window. Am I missing something in this?
I guess I'm missing something, thats not how I was taught. Karl if your out there, didn't you guys teach us to set up independent views for schedules at the Yosemite retreat?

Why would some schedules work with independent details saved as plot maker views and others don't?

If I do it as you describe, then I have to import every schedule into each plot maker view because all my schedules are on the same layer and would show up in that view.

This is definately easier on the front end, but I think this would force me to resize each view in plotmaker to show only the intended schedule, wouldn't it?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Independent views yes. Independent windows aren't needed as far as I know. Setting up an independent view from the plan sheet won't change any other views from that same sheet you have created. Layers, display options, zoom, etc are view specific not sheet specific.

What I described is setting up an independent view. Also, the only way I believe that the schedule can be interactive with the various doors and windows is to be on the same plan sheet with those doors and windows. Anybody else on this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
gbley wrote:
Independent views yes. Independent windows aren't needed as far as I know. Setting up an independent view from the plan sheet won't change any other views from that same sheet you have created. Layers, display options, zoom, etc are view specific not sheet specific.

What I described is setting up an independent view. Also, the only way I believe that the schedule can be interactive with the various doors and windows is to be on the same plan sheet with those doors and windows. Anybody else on this?
I just realized I was using the worng nomenclature. I don't set up independent views, I create an independent detail and paste the schedule in that detail, then I save that detail as a plotmaker view set. If I don't do this , I'm not aware of a way Plotmaker can see the schedule.

How do you create an independent view?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Let's hope I can explain this so I don't make it sound too complicated.
-Choose the plan sheet you want to insert the schedule into (Ground Floor 1st Floor etc.).
-Insert schedule and zoom to it.
-Set up Layer combo, display options, scale zoom.
-Open View Editor and drag the plan view that you set up the schedule in, to the view set side, rename it and redefine.

You should now have a view name "Schedule" or what ever that just happens to be on the same sheet as the plan. You can now go to PM and import that view from the view set just as you would any other view with no change to the previously defined plan view on that same sheet.

If this is still confusing, send me a pm with your phone number and I will contact you to help if I can.
Learn and get certified!