Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Zone Volume in AC12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where has the zone volume gone? In AC11 you could show the volume of a zone in the zone stamp, now in AC12 that seems to have dissapeared. Am I missing something or is there now a different way of calculating the volume of a zone?

Checking the manual for Zone Volume it just goes on about Zone Area and the online help does the same.

Can anybody help please.

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The type of information displayed depends on the Zone Stamp object the Zone uses.
In the Options>Element Attributes>Zone Categories Dialog you can view you defined Zone Categories and the Zone Stamps each one uses. Here you can also check the default parameter set of the selected Zone Stamp to see if it has a Volume parameter you could use.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've checked all the zone stamps in there and none of them seems to have a Volume to show. Where do these Zone stamp files come from, do you have to create them yourself?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yur are right, I have not checked them, I just assumed the Zone Stamps available in AC11 are also available in AC12. But that does not seem to be the case.
You can, however, open an AC11 zone stamp in AC12 (File>Libraries and Objects>Open Object) and save it under a new name and add that to the AC12 library. You will then have it available for your Zone Stamps.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, now, where do I find the Zone Stamp files? I've done a search for them but can't find them
TomWaltz
Participant
The available Zone stamps should be listed in the Zone Categories dialog
Tom Waltz
Rod Jurich
Contributor
PaulZ wrote:
Thanks, now, where do I find the Zone Stamp files? I've done a search for them but can't find them
Paul, you will need to unpack the library .lcf file to find Zone stamps.
Or you can load a Zone stamp from Zone categories after you unpack your chosen library container.

Helps everyone to answer your query if you add a signature stating OS and AC version
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
PaulZ wrote:
Paul:

One way to find and open Zone Stamps is to use the Open Object by Subtype... command. You may need to add this menu item to your Work Environment. In the Open Object by Subtype... dialog box go to General GDL Object > Drawing Symbol > Zone Stamp and you will see the loaded zone stamps. Here you can select the stamp you are interested in and open it, then save it as described above. You could also try Extracting the library if it is a .lcf file, but some of the stamps are built into the application and not available in the Finder.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone, I have this sorted now.

I extracted the AC11 lcf file and then opened the zone stamp (Zone_Stamp_01 11.gsm) as a libray object in AC12, then saved it to my AC12 Library file. I can now select that Zone Stamp from the zone categories and use the Volume field

Why on earth was it removed from the zone stamp?

Oh and I've added my signiature
March_ Bruce
Booster

Why on earth was it removed from the zone stamp?

I agree - library sidegrades, incompatibilities, changes, lack of backward capabilities, bugs, orphaned parts & inconsistencies are one of the more disappointing & baffling issues for me in a software that claims to be based on such... Libraries would seem to benefit from being seamlessly cumulative & easy to use where contemplated reuse of 'Building Information' is concerned...

Now that Revit has carpetbombed the CAD community with free supplier downloads from places such as BIMworld it illustrates what might have been - using ArchiCAD without even a simple library object translation utility is feeling increasingly like a liability & while it may be possible for 'every user' to figure out their own needs & options the mind numbing inefficacy of such would seem to benefit from an economy of scale from the central provider(s)...

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Update%20library%20parts%20with%20missing%20GUID?highlight=%28%5C•%5C+Ar...