BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

another one bites the dust

Anonymous
Not applicable
3 REPLIES 3
ricki-fritz
Booster
Here's a link for those who want more info:

http://www.greenbuildingstudio.com/downloads/announce021208.html

Let's hope the web service will continue to support the other CAD systems... (wishful thinking???)
Graphisoft Certified ArchiCAD BIM Manager

ArchiCAD 27

Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
.....unless I am really missing something.

cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
Its not great news is it?

What do you think the chances are that it will become built into revit completely, and nothing but autodesk products will be be able to use it in the future (regardless of what they say).

I really hope the new version of Ecotect, when it arrives in a month or so, will work in a more integrated and user friendly way with ArchiCAD . It is of little use to the average architect when you need a degree in environmental science to correctly input the data, and understand the output.

Autodesk have correctly predicted that accurate environmental modelling will be even more essential in these increasingly carbon-aware times. If they can seamlessly integrate it into revit and get it to give 'good' data they will be on to a winner.

Fully Automated SAP calculations could be particularly useful, and live feedback of how changing an elements thickness effects the rest of the building will surely help revolutionise the construction industry. I thought this is what BIM was meant to be about.
Learn and get certified!