BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

archicad 2 sketchup

sityu
Booster
Why there is no real export to sketchup??
It's very good to have the import feature from sketchup but I would like to use the connection backwards:
-for me it's quiet easy to make the model in archicad but I would use the sketchup for final presentation;
-sketchup would be perfect for: dimensioning in 3d (e.g.: axonometric details - with archicad it is almost impossible to create dimensioned even axo details, but perspective...), producing exploreable 3d model with the sketchup's enhanced features (e.g.: x-ray, texture usage, tourguide, shadow rendering and after all the quickness of the rendering engine, and the google earth connection etc.)
I use dwg export to do the connection, but it has several disadvantages:
-extra lines of connections of walls and slabs,
-no smart parts (windows, doors),
-problematic feedback to archicad.
So, is there any suggestion about this question?
Talmácsi, István, architect (AC user since 1997, ac4.5 - now: ac18)
2 REPLIES 2
Thomas Holm
Booster
Do a Search, and you'll Find!
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=66397&highlight=export+sketchup#66397
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
sityu
Booster
Please, read the posts carefully and you will find that this "Search, and Find" is not what I wanted! And please stop these catholic-teacher-like-attitude: ArchiCad is as perfect as it is, no need to improve; everything is written, you silly boy, go and find the answer and so on.

Actually I tried the turntool.
It's really not bad, but I had some troubles:
-the arrow key controls did not work;
-the cameras on a path turned into randomly numbered camera positions;
-many options to set, and yet another software to study out the fine settings.
-and after all, it is a simple 3d presentation software, with no editing functions (such as the dimensioning I mentioned before).

So, the original question is still unanswered.
And the exerineces about the conversion to sketchup are welcome.

And I found something else: google earth connectivity. It's colser but not enough: exports the ge format (kml, kmz). Maybe some converter can be found to convert in between google earth and sketchup (or maybe the newer version of sketchup can deal with the kml files - my skp5 does not).
Talmácsi, István, architect (AC user since 1997, ac4.5 - now: ac18)
Learn and get certified!