BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

building material criterion do'nt filter compsites in lists

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi I have a problem with assigning properties to composite elements (walls, slabs, roofs) based on building material criterion.

If I want to assign a property to all walls simple,composite or complex that use the same building material in one of their layers-skins , it cannot be done

can someone explain or check if it is a bug?
8 REPLIES 8
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you post some screenshots that show exactly what you are trying to achieve, how you do it and what the result is?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Can you post some screenshots that show exactly what you are trying to achieve, how you do it and what the result is?
I have uploaded a video on this link. Please notice at the end, when I reload the library, that the quanties of category 46 instead of being shown separetely they add up with 43 and you don't get description of 46

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6e3vgklt8g6iy5g/2016-08-23_21h58_37.mp4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't think it is possible to do.
I think this is an ARCHICAD-wide limitation, there are several other places where skin-level control of elements would be useful, like skin-level renovation status control, or skin-level partial structure display control, or skin-level editing of composite geometry.

By the way, this criteria-based property file assignment is part of the old listing method which has not seen much development in the last 10 or so years since the Interactive Schedule was implemented in ARCHICAD. if you check the criteria lists, for example, you can see that there are a lot less options than in the Find & Select Dialog, or the Scheme Settings Dialog.
Anonymous
Not applicable
it seems that I will have to make a property object for each composite.

By the way did you know that autotext works inside descriptors?

The listing engine is much more powerful than IS

I attach a sample file of what I have achieved by now working with Erik Wilk's book
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, the old listing feature still has capabilities the Interactive Schedule still doesn't have. It is a pity it was not developed further and made into an even more powerful but more user-friendly feature.

I did not know about the Autotext thing (I have not used listing in a long time). Could you post a screenshot or two which shows the Autotext you use and the result you achieve? Some people may find it useful in the future.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is an example
rozky
Contributor
ispyridis wrote:

I attach a sample file of what I have achieved by now working with Erik Wilk's book
do you mean ArchiCAD - From CAD to quantity survey?
Ryzen Threadripper 1950X - 64GB RAM; NVidia GTX 1080Ti ; Windows 10 64bit; AC10-AC23 (64bit)
Anonymous
Not applicable
rozky wrote:
ispyridis wrote:

do you mean ArchiCAD - From CAD to quantity survey?
Yes
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!