BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Autotext from a Schedule

Matt-Northgate
Participant

Hello, I have been looking into automating a lot of forms that my current employer uses for their QC. One of those forms specifically asks for the Joist size in section, Joist spacing in another section, so on and so forth. 

As of right now I have schedules that pull custom properties from my model to list out all of this info.

(example: I set my sub-floor slab to classification "Floor", which has custom properties for floor framing listing all the required information)

1.jpg

This auto populates my Floor Framing schedule with these properties. Which works for the floor, but my QC guy wants a separate form, different then the plans, with all this info. I have re-made his form in ArchiCad and can Autofill out most of the items from the "Project Info" and I was hoping to just autotext the rest of the form from the schedules I have produced. So if say I change my joists from 2x10 to 2x12 in the properties of my floor, it would update both the schedule and the autotext on the new form I've made. 

However I am not finding a way to autotext straight from what a schedule states. I have looked through forums and havent seen anyone else ask this question so either its not possible or its so stupid simple that no one else asked it.

Can I get some help? 

TL;DR: can I set up Autotext to pull info from a schedule I have produced?

1 REPLY 1
Tim Ball
Expert

property info attached to elements are synchronised so you can change either in the model or in the schedule it makes no difference

use auto text to pick up the property info

Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5
Learn and get certified!