BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Composite walls not intersecting with clean joins

alexliz23
Booster

I've got two walls that intersect. Both are same composite structure: Stud Partition. Both walls on same layer (layer intersection group is NOT set to zero). Same base elevation and same height.

They will not show correctly in plan, however I try breaking them; there is always a break line going through what should be a clean, cross-like intersection. I've scoured the forum topics and haven't found the one to address this.

If I use basic structure walls, then the connection shows just fine. Only the composite walls seem to be wrong.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 21.26.40.pngScreenshot 2023-10-01 at 21.34.23.png

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Are the two walls continuous? Try splitting them both where they intersect but make sure they still join. Sometimes this can stop the ‘plasterboard’ passing through the cavity. Also make sure that the cavity/stud has the higher priority in the building materials than the plasterboard. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

View solution in original post

Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

This is done in AC27 without splitting the walls...

DGSketcher_0-1696196592002.png

As @Lee Hankins has indicated set your building material strength so the plasterboard is weaker than the cavity/stud. I also set the plasterboard to "Finish" and the cavity / stud to "Core", not that I think it makes any difference.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution

Are the two walls continuous? Try splitting them both where they intersect but make sure they still join. Sometimes this can stop the ‘plasterboard’ passing through the cavity. Also make sure that the cavity/stud has the higher priority in the building materials than the plasterboard. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

This is done in AC27 without splitting the walls...

DGSketcher_0-1696196592002.png

As @Lee Hankins has indicated set your building material strength so the plasterboard is weaker than the cavity/stud. I also set the plasterboard to "Finish" and the cavity / stud to "Core", not that I think it makes any difference.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
alexliz23
Booster

Thanks both, @DGSketcher and @Lee Hankins - it was the Building Materials priority (yes, the walls were already split and correctly joining. But the 'Air Space - Frame' was of lower priority than the 'Plasterboard', and I had a mental block 🤦🏻‍♂️

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma
Learn and get certified!