BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

DETAIL MARKERS COMPLETELY USELESS!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm placing detail markers and they "don't work for sh@#."

I want to rotate the marker, which I can by changing the angle, but then the text also rotates. There used to be an option to keep the text horizontal but it's not there anymore. This is just one of the issues I'm having with it.

I understand Graphisoft updated the detail markers in one of the last updates but it seems like the old ones worked better!

Should I load the 10 library and use that?? Seems like a crappy solution to me....

Pardon my French.
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Each detail marker is an individual GDL object....so you are only going to get some help if you say WHICH marker you are having a problem with...and confirm that you have the latest library update, program hotfix, etc.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is the Detail Part Marker_NSC 11. And yes, I have all the latest hotfix, library, etc.
Karl Ottenstein
Steven wrote:
I want to rotate the marker, which I can by changing the angle, but then the text also rotates. There used to be an option to keep the text horizontal but it's not there anymore.
Definitely different from 10 to 11, but I do not see an option to rotate the text in 10. Rather, in 10, the Detail Part Marker_NCS keeps the text horizontal and in 11 the text rotates in line with the cut line.

Personally, I prefer the 11 behavior as I want the text to read along the cut line. But, I agree, that a param for text rotation would be nice. Not clear if GS saw the 10 behavior as a bug that is fixed in 11, or just didn't think about it?

Not clear to me how something this simple makes the marker 'completely useless' in all CAPS? The 11 marker, unlike the one in 10, can be linked to any placed drawing - including a placed manufacturer PDF. This in fact makes the marker more useful than ever.

Report the text rotation to tech support so that perhaps they can include a text rotation parameter in the AC12 version.

Cheers,
Karl

PS This is a US-only marker (anything with NCS is in the US lib), but for consistency, any text rotation should be an option for all markers, I would think.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry Karl, I know it's not "completely useless," I am just frustrated having to use these markers all the time and not having them do what I feel they should do.

The linked marker option is great, now when I move a drawing around it automatically updates (no more "dumb" text that I have to go through and re-type manually in case of a move).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please direct any more comments to my strong-armed squirrel.
Learn and get certified!