Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Door MVO not working

MGA
Booster

Hello. I have one file where I cannot get my doors / windows to display properly in 3D according to my MVO settings. The issue is that in 3D view, they all appear as 'simplified', regardless of my MVO settings. I have used this function without issue in all my other projects so I'm fairly certain I have my settings as they should be:

• Hinged door settings > Door settings and openings > Detail level > 3D detail level > set to 'by MVO'
  • Hinged door settings > Model attributes > 3D detail level > set to 'by MVO' 
  • Hinged door settings > Model attributes > Override MVO for door 3D projections > box is NOT checked
  • Document > Model view options > Detail level of door, window, etc... > 3D and Section / Elevation > Full

In addition, I have the following observations:

• The MVO overrides are working as they should in elevations. It is only 3D view that is not working.
  • If I manually change the 3D detail level in the door settings, (e.g. to 'Full') they display properly in 3D

Screenshots of my MVO settings, and door 3D detail settings showing 'Full' vs 'by MVO' attached.

I'm not sure what else to try or how to troubleshoot this further. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

MVO settings.PNG

Door 3D detail - by MVO.PNG

Door 3D detail - Full.PNG

Archicad 23 Solo, Dell Precision 5540, Windows 10 Pro, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz, 32GB RAM
13 REPLIES 13

No actually - it seems to be some kind of file-specific corruption. I have AC27 Technology Preview installed now, I'll see if that fixes it.

Archicad 27 UKI | OS X 12.7.1 Monterey
MLWheeler
Booster

Hi,

I have been working with support to solve this and finally have an answer. I was asked to 'open and repair' which fixed the issue and I can now use MVO with no issues.

[Performing] "open and repair" on the project. Please follow these steps:

1. Go to the "File" menu.
  2. Select "Open" and then choose "Open" again.
  3. Once the open dialog appears, locate and highlight your project.
  4. Check the option to "open and repair" the selected project.

Marcus

UKI v.25 & 26 Solo - Windows 10

Hi Jim -- Issue solved. I have commented separately on the original thread.

Best

Marcus

UKI v.25 & 26 Solo - Windows 10
Richard Swann
Booster

Just to bump this thread, I have a similar problem with AC27 Solo. Door elevation/ 3D detail settings in MVO's - one set stopped working while another still worked, then also stopped working ( no full view of doors in elevations/ 3D).

Tried to reopen and repair the file but 'repair process failed' and 'cannot read file'. 

Subsequently simple 'open file' did open the file but problem remained.

Clearing all MVO's, importing new MVO's didn't clear the problem.

Any suggestions welcome.  I have had this problem on another file in AC26 some time ago so pretty sure it's a multi-version glitch.

Richard Swann

MacOS 11.7 , Intel Imac 4k ArchiCAD 4.5-27 (Solo)