BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Elevation 2D drawing fills are not the same on Layout Sheet

mthd
Ace

Hi, I was editing my elevation drawings in 2D. I changed some of my fills to grey for shading but they show up as black or a different colour on my layout sheets. How do I align my pen sets so that layout pen set is the same as my drawing pen set ? Is that possible ?

Thank you in advance.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

In the settings for the drawing you have placed on the layout, you can choose the pen set you want to use.

This overrides the pen set used in the view.

You can set it to "By View" so it will always use what has been set in the view or you can chose a particular pen set.

So you can see here my view uses the pen set "JWH Standard" but I override it with "JWH Layouts - black/grey" as I always want them to appear and print black on the layouts (with some colour pens when I need them).

BarryKelly_0-1692954365847.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly

In the settings for the drawing you have placed on the layout, you can choose the pen set you want to use.

This overrides the pen set used in the view.

You can set it to "By View" so it will always use what has been set in the view or you can chose a particular pen set.

So you can see here my view uses the pen set "JWH Standard" but I override it with "JWH Layouts - black/grey" as I always want them to appear and print black on the layouts (with some colour pens when I need them).

BarryKelly_0-1692954365847.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
mthd
Ace

Awesome !

By view is my preference but now that I know what dialogue box to use I can set it up.

Thank you for the help once again.

Edit: It was my fault for not setting the solid fill pens correctly. I learned more about drawing settings and viewing the sources for the elevations layout from my mistake above.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
Learn and get certified!