BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Elevation glass grey

sknsnw9
Booster

Is there a way to have the glass display as grey in the white model in elevation? I tried the graphic override, but it overrides the whole door / window package instead of just the glass.

Operating system used: Windows 10

Archicad Solo 24 - 27 : Windows 10 Pro 64-bit : 16 GB ram / Intel Core i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

As you have discovered, Graphic Overrides will override the entire element, not just a particular part of it.

Duplicate your glass material and call it something like "tinted glass".

Now in the surface materials settings, add a 50% hatch and choose the pen colour for the hatch.

Change the window glass material to the 'tinted glass' one.

Make sure in the elevation/section settings, your Model Display > Uncut Elements are set to 'Uniform pen'

Pen - colour fill is transparent (or white).

Surface - Cover Fill Foreground is turned on.

BarryKelly_1-1710983286243.png

Now you will see the hatch pattern in the section/elevation - and individual windows can have different glass materials.

Only problem is it is not a switch you can turn on/off in view settings (MVO).

You could now set up a Graphic Override to make all tinted glass material an empty fill - this will affect the entire frame but you shouldn't notice as the rest of the frame has no fill anyway.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!