Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Graphic override based on layout property

ppumares1
Contributor

Hi!

I have to assemble the commercial plans of all the dwellings in a building. I would like to include in each layout a unit scheme plan but colouring only the unit that corresponds to the layout.

As there are many unit types, my intention is not to have to create a lot of combinations of graphic overlays to colour  every single unit type.

I also want to avoid drawing a manual fill on top of a base plan.

I had thought about one graphical overwrite depending on a property of the layout, but they are not accessible.

Any idea?Commercial unit type.png?

AC27
6 REPLIES 6
Marc H
Advisor

Have you considered adding a custom property to your room zones, then applying a GOR to those zones with that value?

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
ppumares1
Contributor

Hi Marc, yeah, but in that case if I have 50 unit types, I have to set 50 different GOR and the corresponding views to get coloured only the single unit of every commercial layout, isn`t it?

Regards!

AC27

Ah, well, fifty is a lot of types.  I was thinking of, say, eight or ten types for a hundred units or so.  Are all fifty types very distinctive?  Could they be categorized into about ten or so?  If so, perhaps there could be fewer views showing the groups in 2D or 3D.  Or could there be an additional GOR to highlight a key difference?

I'm also wondering if there are some property expressions that could help out.  Another thought: if they are hotlinked, perhaps working from that angle to create views that show them in groups.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
kmitotk
Advocate

If you don't intend to show the zone category colors on the plans then you can use the zone fill colors and pen set to switch room colors in each layout.

First, you create pen set for each unit type.

2024-01-31_10h55_59.png

In the zone settings, turn on the the cover fill and select Solid fill color (25%) and set the cover fill pen to pen number applicable to the unit type.

2024-01-31_10h52_15.png

Then create a GOR to turn everything black lines and empty fills except for zones.

2024-01-31_10h52_58.png

In the layout, select the pen set in the drawing settings to switch the unit types.

2024-01-31_10h55_05.png

2024-01-31_10h53_55.png

Kei Mito

Architect | Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager
ArchiCAD 27 JPN USA & INT | Windows 10

The types are no so distinctive, but terraces usually differ... So the types are multiplied.

And next problem is when we have commercials for every single unit, not types. Unfortunately, it is usually faster to draw fills manually in the layout.

GOR may be used as yo say when possible, if types are not togheter in the same floorplan...

Thanks!

AC27

Good trick. It implies visualizing different zone colors for same categories when not applying GO, but I think it's better than managing GO.

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

Anyway, I think it would be cool to have an expression in a propety like this:

if(zone number=Layout ID, "yes", "no")

Then only one GO would colour it in all the layouts... I guess it's not easy 😉

AC27