BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Hotlink Stairs not appearing in Master File as drawn in Module

Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast

I have a master file where the stairs in a hotlinked module are not showing up as intended and drawn in the module file. Stairs should show up as in the first screenshot (module) but they show up like the second screenshot when in the master file. I can see that the level setting in the master file have changed - i.e. the stair is no longer linked to the second level as in the module file (screenshots of both module and master file settings for the stairs attached). I have also attached the settings dialogue for stair selection settings for the module and the master file. The master file has several modules set on the site at slightly different levels. I have had to play with the Floor Plane Cut Height to get all the walls to be cut, but does this affect the stairs too somehow? I see this is a known issue and I have read two other posts, but the solutions proposed are not working for me (or I am not implementing them correctly) and the posts are closed so I cannot ask questions. 

Very frustrating. A workaround I have read is to insert the stairs in the master file - but obviously I would rather have them working right out of the module. 

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 14.50.49.png

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 14.50.39.png

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 14.48.21.png

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 14.50.59.png

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 14.59.44.png

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 14.59.35.png

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon 14.3.1. Sonoma

  

AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

MBP M3 Max (16-inch 2023)
4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru

The problem with AC stairs on graded sites... The stair settings follow the story settings of your host file so if you elevate your module a storey down, the settings used migrate up to a invisible setting. This setting can be modified by temporarily increasing the number of stories in your stairs, changing the relevant setting, then reducing the stories back to where you want it. This does not actually help in your situation though as fixing one will mess up another... The most you can do is make it show without a break for every storey if you have nothing below.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast

Thanks Lingwisyer. Yes, all the stars are stacked as these are 3 storey buildings, so showing without a break is not a good option. What do you think about deleting (or hiding stair layer) in the module and inserting the stairs in the master file? 

AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

Lingwisyer
Guru

Placing all the stairs in the master file sounds like a nightmare. Regarding wall cutting, can you just set it as Symbolic Cut?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Stairs in the master file seem to me to be the only viable workaround. I already have several walls as symbolic cut and have found a sweet spot in the Floor Plan Cut Plane that cuts most other walls correctly.

AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!