BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Processing Elements problems

Jim Bob
Participant

The model I have been working on in Archicad 25 is not that big and is not that complicated.  When I open it the message that appears reads “Generating Section/ Elev.”  and “1 | Processing Elements”  This does not ever complete.  Same thing if I can get the 3D view to open- the spinning wheel keeps spinning and nothing ever opens.  Thinking that I might have inserted a corrupted object or done something wrong, I went back to the original file, saved as and started again.  Soon, I started getting the same message.  Now, I  have to Ctrl Alt Delete to close the file.  Any suggestions for how to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3

Have you got a rogue element that is far from

origin or far from the rest of the data? Have you tried open and repair the file?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
archigreen
Enthusiast

Have you done a polygon count?

If more than 7 million with average hardware it would be challenging to calculate.

If not, I guess there is a corrupt object, I would get rid of those objects to see what happens. Does your elevation show a lot of railings? A faulty SEO perhaps, etc. I wish I can help you, but without specifics is hard to guess, but if you set all layer priorities to 0 in layer combinations, you’ll be able to see the model without any problems. AC will not calculate its connections.

Best of luck,

ArchiGreen

ArchiCAD 26
MacOS Monterey
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max
64 GB
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello Jim,

Thank you very much for the question!

From my experience, the issue may come from a very complex profile, or too many unnecessary intersections in the file. As others suggested, checking the number of polygon and reviewing the SEO connections is a good start. Furthermore, we have this article which will help you to go through each category one by one on your own to troubleshoot the problem: How to Optimize Your Project Performance

But if these don't work, I suggest reaching out to the local support for a deeper look into the project.

I hope this helps you with the case. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!