BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Project phase info from subset name

Rastko Pecar
Booster

Hi all,

I'm creating the office template with preset views & layouts corresponding to project stages: concept design, plans for approval and construction drawings. Currently the information about above mentioned project stage is pulled from project info and has to be manually changed each time the project changes phase.

I would like to automate this by pulling the phase information from my layout book subset names which are named by project phases and contain "location plans" (addressing compliance with urban regulations) and "technical plans" (addressing compliance with construction codes and rules regarding use).

The structure of my layout book looks like this:

- phase 1

- technical

- phase 2

- technical

- phase 3

- technical

When I go to my master layout and change the autotext from @phase (pulling from project info menu) to @subsetname, my headers all show "location plans", since they pull information from the 2nd level of layout book hierarchy. My question is, how to set up the autotext, to show the first level of hierarchy (phase 1,2,3)? Is this possible with "basic" autotext or do I need to define some properties?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Rastko Pecar
Booster

Another issue regarding documentation & project phases: I'm trying to set up publishers sets by project phases whereby initial stages would contain pdfs only and later stages would also include bimx model and dxfs for consultants. 

But it seems I cannot put various formats (dws and pdfs) in the project phase (publisher set). Am I missing something or is this not possible?

Learn and get certified!