BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Tracker disappears Was:Need help, to solve a simple problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Greetings,

I'm a relatively new user and I'm having an issue with archiCAD, im sure it can be easily fixed considering it just suddenly stopped working.

The parameters box which appears when you are for example drawing a wall (the box which includes Dimension and angle) has suddenly disappeared and is not showing up.

sorry for the most likely stupid question, but ive been trying for a while with no luck to get it back up.

thanks in advance
8 REPLIES 8
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Marton wrote:
/... (the box which includes Dimension and angle) has suddenly disappeared and is not showing up./..
Marton, I think you are looking for the elusive "Tracker".
Has a habit of turning off by it self.

Helps to know version of AC and your OS, add a signature
Screen shot of 12 but 11 is similar.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marton wrote:
The parameters box which appears when you are for example drawing a wall (the box which includes Dimension and angle) has suddenly disappeared and is not showing up.
Are you talking perhaps about the Tracker? (it can be activated / deactivated via a small button in the standard toolbar (see attached image A) or by going to Options > Work Environment > Tracker and Coordinate Input)
If you are working with the Coordinates instead of Tracker (see attached image B), then you can activate / deactivate them via Window > Palettes > Coordinates.
Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Adrian Tudoreanu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rod wrote:
Marton, I think you are looking for the elusive "Tracker".
Has a habit of turning off by it self.
It seems that Rod was faster than me
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks to both responders.

it was buggin me so much, cause i just had another minor problem i was working through but it was stopping me doing all my work i was about to break my pc, haha.

i use ArchiCAD 12 EDU on xp pro at the moment

cheers
Marton
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you are on a Mac you will find that the Tracker spontaneuously turns itself off (quite often). I don't think this happens in Windows but I'm not sure. I find this very annoying. It is a known issue but I don't know what plans there are, if any, to fix it.
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
I can confirm it happens on windows, alot. I have found its the first issue most new users have trouble with... this really needs to be fixed.
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just checked and the default keyboard shortcut to toggle the tracker on and off is just "j". It may be that I am occasionally hitting it by mistake and then wondering where the tracker went (but I kind of doubt it). Perhaps I'll check by setting it to a more difficult shortcut.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If it is the "J" maybe it's because the "J" is one of the two key locaters for the quirky Qwerty keyboard most of use use, mac or pc.
Thanks for slowing us down Qwerty.
Keeps me from burning up my keyboard, because I'm now up to 125 mistakes a minute, and getting faster at it!
Bier
Learn and get certified!