BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Zones within zones problem, wonder if any workaround

In a multistory residential building with several apartment type modules repeatedly hotlinked in I would like to give each room a unique room name, for tagging and scheduling. So that 'room 3 in story 14, apartment number 2' will get a tag reading '1423' or perhaps '14.2.3'. The story part is easy, but I can't figure out how to do the apartment number part.

I need zones for the rooms in the apartment modules, and if I make a unique 'rentable area' apartment zone in the building pln with the apartment number in the room number I get overlapping zones and I can't get any schedule or zone-requesting object to work.

Any way of doing this?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

If I understood the situation right, one solution could be linking
properties (named by apartments) to the modules and schedule that
info in addition to story, room number and room name.

Hope this helps.
Kuva 5.png
Juha wrote:
If I understood the situation right, one solution could be linking properties (named by apartments) to the modules.
I never used Properties so the question will be really basic: so you can assign that to each individual instance of a module (like, place 2 identical modules, select one and make it 'apartment 1' and select the other one and make it 'apartment 2')?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry Ignacio,

I thought the properties could be assigned to linked modules, but it
cannot be done - only for 'local' zones. We have used it in multi-storey
shopping centres to pick up users' zones which are widely spread around the building,
but never tested with hotlinked modules .

Hope this issue can be solved some other way.

Best regards, Juha
Juha wrote:
I thought the properties could be assigned to linked modules, but it cannot be done
Thank you very much for checking. I am starting to try to come to accept the idea of no tags or manually typed tags (like, 5000 of them) and Filemaker schedules.
Learn and get certified!