General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

ArchiCAD on site visits

BiancaTamasan
Participant

Hello,

I would like to ask what device could be suitable for ArchiCAD on site visits?

I need it for presentation purposes but also to be able to work on it when I am away on site visits that take a couple of days.

I would like the device to be as light as possible and also to have the option to draw on the screen so to make site surveys, sketches, directly digital.

Ideally it would be a touchscreen tablet with keyboard but I am not sure if this is a feasible wish.

Thank you!

Operating system used: Windows 10

2 REPLIES 2
snow
Ace

Hi Bianca,

think you've unwanted somehow slidden  into the German language section here...

In the INT section you might get more response to your question.

In fact, I don't have any experience with Archicad on mobile devices... so I can't answer to your issue.

... and overall you read here my bad English... 😉

ARCHICAD for Future

archicad versions 8-27 | mac os 13 | win 10

Hello, 

I think the question is, if you really need ArchiCAD on that mobile device

If so, then check the hardware recommendations from Graphisoft. In this case, I think a powerful laptop with a big screen will fulfil the needs of ArchiCAD to run proper. But this will not be a lightweight solution... 

Maybe you can create all needed drawings as pdf files, or you can use the bimx tool. then you can use a tablet (which should not be too small). If I had to decide it for my personal needs, I would prefer this version. I would buy one of these "rugged" tablets, which would survive one of these days on site with dirt and bad weather conditions 😉

ArchiCAD 25 / Windows 10

Setup info provided by author