BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Does Archicad become slow on your Mac after being used for a while?

bavss
Participant

Just something I've noticed after years and never bothered to ask about it. After working in an Archicad model for several hours, I notice it gets really laggy in basically all views. Menus slower to open. Panning slower. Zooming in and out skips around. I've noticed this for many versions and on several different Macs. Currently running AC27 on an M3 Max MBP. Closing and restarting the app fixes it and then I'm flying again. But I don't notice this on my PC. Anybody else? Is something going on in the background of the file that I could do to "reset" without restarting the entire app?

3 REPLIES 3
runxel
Legend

Yes, totally the same here. Haven't had it with AC26 tho.

I'm on an M1 MacBook Pro.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Adam Roark
Contributor

lol came here to post this topic as I originally posted it on Reddit and had people saying they have also experienced it.

for the record I’m running AC 27, M3 Max 128gb RAM on ~4000 sf residential projects 

AC 27
MacBook Pro:: M3 Max / 128GB RAM
PC: 12th Gen i9 / 64GB DDR5 RAM / RTX 4090
Lingwisyer
Guru

iOS AC is memory leaking?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!