BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Watching Graphisoft Talks #3: Shaping the Future of Archicad with Sylwester Pawluk

Scraptrash
Booster

(I can’t directly leave comments in the original post so I open a topic here. )

Graphisoft Talks #3: Shaping the Future of Archicad with Sylwester Pawluk 

Watched it, and I’m pretty confused. 
Basically the whole interview conversation can fit to any other software development projects, by just changing some terms like design options, keynotes and AI visualizer. In fact there’re only these 3 terms that I I tell this interview is talking about archicad. 

Sylwester is surely very experienced in software development, but from the interview he absolutely has no idea what the AEC industry and architects are doing and what architects (who are the main customer group of archicad) want. 

MacBook Pro (16 inch, 2021) Apple M1 Max 64GB macOS Monterey Archicad 26 MBP trackpad Logitech Master MX3
6 REPLIES 6
Miha Nahtigal
Advocate

I agree fully. The interview wasn't reassuring for the future of Archicad.

BIMquants.comBETA - Quantities and Costs Estimation with Archicad AddOn :: rushing to publish a beta preview
Jp1138
Expert

The answers were fairly generic, yes. I got the impression that there´s a lot of work being done in the procedures, but not in what is really needed 🤔

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

No - that didn't give a very clear or bright picture of Archicad's future. The main theme of the parts I watched (I don't really care about the bio of GS employees) seemed to be an explanation as to why things are as they are. All under the assumption that paying users know close to nothing about the hardships faced by benevolent software developers or how to run a business. What is becoming increasingly clear is that GS doesn't have a vision for how AC should support us architectural designers in our future challenges which ultimately is what we are continuing paying them for. It always seem to cut short after the corporate part.... or have I missed an episode?

Karl Ottenstein

It was interesting to learn about Sylwester's remarkable background, but I agree that it is the wrong background for the Director of Product Management for Archicad.   Development  (coding) manager perhaps, but not the coordinator of all product managers - thereby coordinating future feature development ... but with no knowledge/background of the customer base and needs.

(Maybe I'm old fashioned, but if the entire transcript was written, I could have read it in 5 minutes.  Instead, even at 2x playback speed (which was still understandable) it took 30 minutes to learn nothing about the future of Archicad.  I'm just not a fan of time-consuming podcasts/webcasts vs reading.)

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Agree. Totally wrong background for the position. The interviewer kept trying to dig out more details, but Sylwester kept dodging with generic answers. 
That’s a bad sign. 

MacBook Pro (16 inch, 2021) Apple M1 Max 64GB macOS Monterey Archicad 26 MBP trackpad Logitech Master MX3

The new CEO will surely provide with that much needed visión 

Learn and get certified!