Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

30" display problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi -
I run three monitors on my intel Mac Pro. A 30", 24" and 19"
It has been working fine for 18 months.
Now the image on the 30" sometimes turns to vertical colored lines.
I have two Nvidia Geforce 7300 gt cards - the same problem is occurring with both cards . I have no problem running two 19" monitors and the 24" monitor at the same time.

Is this a monitor problem or could it be another problem ?
(my 30" display is an apple)

Thanks -

John
7 REPLIES 7
Dwight
Newcomer
My guess is that it is likely the cable or connector, since you have eliminated the card as a source.

BTW: Three monitors: the bitter bile of envy rises in my throat.
Dwight Atkinson
Stress Co_
Advisor
Dwight wrote:
BTW: Three monitors: the bitter bile of envy rises in my throat.
Hey Dwight ... what's THIS do to ya?
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Karl Ottenstein
jparchitect wrote:
Now the image on the 30" sometimes turns to vertical colored lines.
I agree with Dwight - vertical lines frequently indicate a bad cable connection.

But...I also read somewhere today (macfixit?) that the Apple display update that came out the same time as 10.5.2 broke some people's graphics, even as it fixed things for others... so maybe something to look at there?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the suggestions

I have applecare for my computer and monitor so I called them and emailed them pictures. I got to a second level of support and they want to talk to a level above them. Seems they may want me to ship the monitor to them.
I'll report back when I get a fix.

Thanks Again -

John
Dwight
Newcomer
Hey Dwight ... what's THIS do to ya?

When I visited Eindhoven last April, they had a phrase, roughly translated as "That knocks off my wooden shoes so far that they encircle the moon"
Or something like that.

But you could do it cheaper piecemeal.
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
jparchitect wrote:
Seems they may want me to ship the monitor to them.
I'll report back when I get a fix.
I guess I should have mentioned that one of my ViewSonic 19" monitors is at their facility now for warranty repair since it had decided to display a vertical green (1 pixel wide) stripe down the middle at power up and random intervals after that.

Not happy with their service though: monitor was received by them on the 4th (signed for) ... but not 'logged' as in the repair queue until the 8th, so my 10 to 14 business day 'guaranteed' turnaround before they ship it back got an extra 4 days added. Basically, I should get it back about a full month from when I sent it to them...

Hope Apple is faster / more efficient with yours. 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Apple replaced the controller - I guess this is a board inside the monitor - in any event it works again - Thanks to all -

John