Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Alright all you laptop users....which mouse are you using?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im going mobile here.
Got my SAGER 17inch laptop....sweeeeet.

Are there any cordless usb mice that have the same features of the Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman?
Love that mouse on my workstations. Im hooked on the trackballs.

Id hate to have get out my bitchin set of tools and cobble me up a notebook trackball mouse....ha!
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's not what you are looking for, but I am very happy with my Kensington Bluetooth mouse.

It tracks very smooth for a cordless (it works as well as my corded mice as far as I can tell). But, it is a regular 2-button mouse with scroll wheel, so it won't satisfy your lust for a trackball.

It is also a small travel mouse which some people won't like. I've actually come to prefer the small ones, which is convenient as they are easier to fit in my briefcase.
Eduardo Rolon
Logitech's MX900 bluetooth mouse.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Dave Jochum
Advocate
Macally Bluetooth Junior--also 2-button plus scroll wheel (and wheel button). Works great and small for travel, but not too small to be akward. I also am addicted to the trackball--Kensington Expert Pro on my desktop machine--but way too large to travel with, and the small trackballs that I've tried do not roll well or fit the hand like the full size version(s).
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Since I have relatively short fingers, I found a Targus cordless USB to work quite well - fits in the case and can be used with 2 AA batteries if the rechargeables run out. Tracks well if the position of the USB to mouse sight line is close or straight as the computers RF can interfere. Using it with a Sony P4/2.8 w/ 16.1" screen. I'm right handed and the USB's are all on the left of the unit. Have had the best performance when the very small receiver is in a USB 2.0 PC card.

Lew Bishop
AC9
Sony 2.8 Laptop XP Home
HP P4/2.53 Desk XP Pro
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I use the MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0. I was going to buy the cordless version but since I travel so much, I didn't want to have to lug around the receiver unit. The thought of batteries dying at inconvenient times is worth a mention, but I always carry a good supply or rechargeables.

If your Sager (aren't they sweet?!) has bluetooth, I would suggest a bluetooth mouse!

Cheers,
Link.
Jefferson
Participant
Antontin-

Congrats on the new hi-po laptop! Pasted a pic of my tool of choice, Logitech Trackman Wheel. Totally hooked on this thing, my hand is in "mouse" position, so it's not erganomically challenged, but my thumb does all the fine work. Way fast! Skip the cordless routine though, just tie the cord in a lop to shorten it up. Batteries are kind of silly with a trackman type, since it doesn't move.
B00005NIMJ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jeffersonian

I use that same Logi mouse on my office rig.
I love the programmable keys too.

I changed because the latest Microsoft Intellimouse drivers kind of went to the sh*%-house. Why change something that worked perfectly.

I think your right....Ill just go with a wired one. Its not that big a deal to pop it in and out.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I changed because the latest Microsoft Intellimouse drivers kind of went to the sh*%-house. Why change something that worked perfectly
Microsoft got those back with IntelliPoint 5.2
Wish if it could have 4 extra buttons (2 each side)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I changed because the latest Microsoft Intellimouse drivers kind of went to the sh*%-house. Why change something that worked perfectly
Microsoft got those back with IntelliPoint 5.2
Wish if it could have 4 extra buttons (2 each side)