BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 10 Shuts Down When Opening...Please Help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Iv been using archicad 10 for 2 years now with no problems whatsoever in installing and running the program, yet after installing the program on a different computer as soon as the program loads up it simply exits completely.

Iv reinstalled the program twice now but to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or how i can solve this problem? Any help is greatly appreciated..thanks alot.
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
System, specs, etc?
Anonymous
Not applicable
My machine more than matches up to the requirements of archicad...is there anything else this could be?
Thomas Holm
Booster
If everything else is OK it must be your license - contact your reseller for support!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Djordje
Ace
WHat Matthew asked is to post the machine specs. There are OS specific issues.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok my computer has 40gb of memory..and 256MB of RAM...yet i have another computer with the same spec that runs the program perfectly well...and im using a student licence
__archiben
Booster
peach49 wrote:
Ok my computer has 40gb of memory..and 256MB of RAM...yet i have another computer with the same spec that runs the program perfectly well...and im using a student licence
first off memory and RAM are kinda the same thing - it sounds like you have a 40GB hard disk and 256MB of memory. both of those are very very light for a machine to be running archicad these days - particularly if you have other applications up and running as well.

the second thing - as djordje alluded to - is that there could be OS specific issues. so is it mac? windows? and which variety . . . ?

does this happen when you are try to open a certain file? is archicad up to date (latest build)? is there a network archicad is looking for? etc...

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh right...im running it on windows and its on archicad 10...its only a standalone computer so no network access and what happens is that whenever i load up archicad..the program will load normally but as soon as its completely loaded up the screen will just exit...can this be simply down to my RAM or hard disk?
Anonymous
Not applicable
(Windows XP sorry)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Some questions:
Does any ArchiCAD bug report come up? If yes, you can send that to GS.
Have you tried reinstalling ArchiCAD to see if that helps. Maybe there was something wrong with the installation?
Can you try if this happens on another computer as well or only this one?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!