BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 27 Start Screen is Freezing

emrahturk
Contributor

Hello everyone,

I recently installed Archicad 27 on my brand new PC, and I'm encountering an issue with the software. The welcome screen opens without any problems, but when I click the "New" button, the mouse cursor starts spinning for several minutes. I've checked the processes in the task manager, and it appears that Archicad and its subprocesses are running, but the CPU usage remains low. Eventually, Archicad does open, but it takes an unusually long time.

I've attempted to start Archicad in Demo mode, but I'm still facing the same problem with the welcome screen freezing.

Here are some details about my setup:

• This is a fresh computer with no recent files on the welcome screen.
  • I'm running Windows 11 with all the latest updates.
  • I've installed the most recent drivers for my RTX 4070 from NVIDIA.
  • Archicad is the only software installed on this machine.
  • Our network doesn't use any special firewall systems, and other machines on our network can run Archicad without any issues.

I've searched for a solution, but I can't seem to find a logical answer to why the welcome screen is freezing. If anyone has encountered a similar problem or has suggestions on how to resolve this issue, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Screenshot 2023-11-03 110924.png
Since AC 4.55, PC/MAC
Researcher/Educator
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

While examining the Windows system logs, I came across an error related to Codemeter. The error indicates that the Codemeter service couldn't start automatically and returned error code 1503. I attempted to repair Codemeter, but it didn't resolve the issue. Since I'm using an educational license, I don't actually need Codemeter, so I uninstalled it. After doing so, Archicad is now functioning properly without any problems.

Since AC 4.55, PC/MAC
Researcher/Educator

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MinhNguyen
Advocate

Sounds like a problem with the Archicad Starter process. When it happens, if you open the Task Manager's Details tab and end this process, probably Archicad will launch afterward.

The Starter process can be frozen for various reasons (cannot find a license, connectivity problem, graphics card problem, etc...)

BIM Manager
DKO Architecture - HCMC

I attempted to terminate the subprocesses, but unfortunately, it didn't resolve the issue.

Just to provide some additional context, I'm using an education license.

Since AC 4.55, PC/MAC
Researcher/Educator
MinhNguyen
Advocate

Just to double-check that we're on the same page: did you open the Details tab, look for Archicad Starter.exe and click End task it? Most of the time this should resolve freezing at start-up issue. Screenshot attached (for Windows 10, but the same applies for Windows 11). If this doesn't work, then unfortunately I run out of idea, you may want to check with your local support. Seems like there were several reports of Archicad 27 freezing lately

Taskmgr_uJZBV8Ha11.png

BIM Manager
DKO Architecture - HCMC

As you can observe from the screenshot, the subprocesses are shown within the main processes. I tried to end these processes, but unfortunately, it didn't fix my problem.

emrahturk_0-1699007378549.png

Since AC 4.55, PC/MAC
Researcher/Educator
Solution

While examining the Windows system logs, I came across an error related to Codemeter. The error indicates that the Codemeter service couldn't start automatically and returned error code 1503. I attempted to repair Codemeter, but it didn't resolve the issue. Since I'm using an educational license, I don't actually need Codemeter, so I uninstalled it. After doing so, Archicad is now functioning properly without any problems.

Since AC 4.55, PC/MAC
Researcher/Educator
1em0
Newcomer

i have this exact problem and i uninstal codemeter but it didnt help it . waht should i do . i also use educational license

Learn and get certified!