BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Graphical user interface problem - Disappearing menus

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have installed the latest version of ArchiCAD V11 and have found that our menus / requestors have started to disappear ie right clicking to generate a menu or highlighting a drop down menu (File, design etc).

We thought it was a graphics card issue but..... ArchiCAD V10 still works fine with no problems.

My Graphics card specifications are as follows:

Geforce 8800 GTS (Direct x V9.0C driver) PCI Express x 16
320mb memory
Forceware version 162.18

Running on:
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 6000+

Can anyone advise if this has been experienced else and if so, what could be done to remedy our issues.
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
mm...
usually its not about the graphic card , its about the Driver , try updating your display driver that what causes troubles usually .
RandyC
Advocate
same problem here on one of my machines only, i have tried 3 different graphic cards , updated all new drivers . no luck , I will reinstall windows next when I can find the time and post the results
ATI Radeon,
GeForce 7300
WINXP SP2
AC11 1040
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, we have the same problems regarding disappearing menus. We have recently installed Archicad 11, build 1040.

We are running Intel 2 core duo machines with 2 x 256MB ATi Radeon X1650 pro cards, with dual display with Win. XP pro.

I have recently upgraded our graphics drivers but still seem to have the problem. Has anyone got a solution?

Rob
Brett Brown
Advocate
Read the topic "AC 11 and XP 64" posted earlier by myself and see if that helps
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the research information Brett. I'm at least glad that I'm not the only one experiencing these issues. We are running both Nvidea and ATI cards and experience disappearing windows like you. Hopefully there is a cure to this condition waiting round the corner.
Brett Brown
Advocate
Hi Donovan,The cure is there.Change to older mouse drivers if using Microsoft mouse.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks to the comments from Brett brown we have managed to fix our graphics card problem. The problem seemed to be with our mouse driver. We un-installed the intellimouse drivers completely and just are now just using the generic software for our mouse. We are operating both the latest microsoft mouse and keyboard as well as the comfort keyboard 10a and optical mouse 2.0.

The only negative at this point is that when you uninstall the intellimouse driver then you may lose the additional function on your mouse ie side buttons and left / right scroll toggle.

Hope this may help those in need.
Brett Brown
Advocate
Hi Donovan,If you change the mouse drivers to version Intellimouse 5.5 you shouldn't lose function.(worked for me)
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have tried that on my mouse which is a laser mouse 5000 V1.0 and it didn't like it however our IT provider is going to try to re-install the 5.5 driver using some other method (using registry access?). Thank you for all your help.

I will post our results for future users.
Learn and get certified!