BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

HP Designjet T610 ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

Anyone have any experience with this new printer of HP?
Most important concern is to have nice quality printing when incorporating coloured renderings...

As far as I know, only HP500 did a pretty good job when printing from Mac .... throughout ArchiCAD!

I would like to get nice and clear images like my A3 printer does instead of dark and blurry results.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are having great success printing to an hp Designjet 110plus nr. Connected using HP's ethernet card. This printer has been a workhorse, never missing a beat. Only bug, after using the roll feed - for D sized drawings (24" x 36"), you MUST manually reset the printer for cut sheets. If you don't, and print a c size drawing next (17" x 22"), It will print on the roll with much wasted paper.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe the HP T610 are the replacement series for the older HP500.

I was told the HP500 is performing excellent with ArchiCAD, especially when vectorial drawings and coloured renderings have to be combined in one layout... Other series seem to fail : images return dark and almost invisible.

If the HP T610 offers the same quality, I guess this will the best option for me. I will look at the HP110 as well 🙂.
Jefferson
Participant
Joeri -

I just bought one of these and so far it's been great. [I am only a one-man-show and not creating lots of prints.] It was fairly easy to set up, and the DPI is awesome! AS well with the new dbl black and gray cartridges you won't run through all of your inks creating grayscale prints. Color is fantastic, and it prints pretty fast as well........now I am coming from a relic DJ430 monochrome

The only thing I don't care for, is that leaving it on all the time there is a subtle fan type noise, not much louder than a new desktop, but being in a very compact space it's noticeable. The price you pay for it's self monitoring and cleaning abilities.....

In my research I was informed, by more than one reputable reseller, that the DJ500 is being phased out, and as soon as they have sold all of the ones already manufactured they'll no longer be available. The advanced printing technology, [plus the stand being extra w/ the DJ500!], make the choice a simple one. I find it a bit of a piss off that HP doesn't correctly represent this info on their website.

At the time HP had a rebate program going that fr another net $300-500 you could actually get the Z3100, which is a full on art repro type machine if that's what you're really after.

Bottom line, if it's in your price range, you won't be disappointed.
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jefferson,

This is of great help.

I'm in search of a reasonable priced plotter - not daily use - wich performs well on Mac and ArchiCAD. Speed is not that important, quality of output yes!

For the time being, I can use of a Mutoh Drafstation. Printing from PC is close to perfect given the fact you have access to a well made interface. Printing from Mac is so much worse. No interface and no options within ArchiCAD...

I'm not into technical stuff. Just know, in earlier days I replaced an A3 printer HP CP1700 with the renewed model HP Business Inktjet 2800. What a shame! Hearing the HP500 series are being phased out, I do not want the same error twice focusing on the HP610 🙂
Jefferson
Participant
Joeri -

Glad to be of assistance. This forum has always been a huge benefit that way. The thing about speed is, once you experience it you can't go back! That top 1200x2400 DPI should satisfy most any needs in this realm anyway. They are advertising this a Mac compatible machine straight out of the box, so you might be lucky there, assuming it's accurate advertising. Good luck.
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
Learn and get certified!