BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Please wait for printer connection or cancel connection.

stoneunturned
Booster

Just a bug heads up to the devs- not sure if this is the correct place to post.

I get a recurring prompt upon opening the ArchicadStarter as per the title and screen grabs below. Every time I select 'open project' or double click from the list BEFORE this prompt displays, the project will never open - it's a 100% occurrence. The cursor will just blue cycle until i force quit. If i cancel the prompt then double click open a project quickly it will open no problem; if i wait a few more seconds until just before the same prompt shows up again, it will freeze again as above. Perhaps it's a windows printer issue, but probably something GS should get onto as it disrupts the working day.

stoneunturned_1-1707250578947.png

More recently a crash prompted the same message at the bugsplat window and it was unable to finish sending (or so it appeared) and i was unable to cancel out.

stoneunturned_2-1707251799758.png

It 100% happens every time i start archicad so I'm happy for a dev to get in touch and work through diagnostics for a solution.

Side note:

I'm unable to see & edit my signature while creating a new post to see if all the necessary info is there; i understand that it's located elsewhere, but i would put to the forum builders that a better location is at the bottom of 'create new topic' where it would load your signature and enable editing, and auto store it for next time. It can be kept up to date more easily that way.

Win11 AC26 5002 NZE FULL, i7 4770k @ 4.4Ghz, GTX 1080Ti 11Gb, 16GB
Dell G15 Laptop: i7-12700h, RTX 3060, 16GB DDR5
Thunderbolt 4 to 2 screens, HDMI to a 3rd screen. Laptop lid remains closed.
3dconnexion mouse and keyboard
14 REPLIES 14
Mo_
Participant

I am experiencing the same issue, I hope the developers can reply with a solution to this bug Please! 

MitchD
Contributor

I'm also experiencing it (however none of my staff are...), extremely frustrating.

ryejuan
Advisor

yes me too am experiencing this bug... kinda annoying updated to the latest 5001 build still the same. 😐

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
OtariM
Contributor

Hi, do you all by any chance have an Epson printer set as default? I think i found the solution.

stoneunturned
Booster

Sounds promising, but not an Epson - we seem to be in the brotherhood across various offices.

Default is controlled by windows in Windows11

stoneunturned_0-1709758806067.png

What helped in our case is - disabling "Let Windows manage my default printer". Deleting printer and it's driver, and installing different driver. In Epsons case (we have L8180 in the office) there are model specific and Universal drivers. We installed model specific driver which starts on Windows startup. Not sure which of the steps helped, but the problem is sorted, maybe disabling "let windows manage" option will be sufficient?

Also, I noticed that sometimes websites detect Windows 11 as Windows 10 and offers Windows 10 drivers. Make sure you install Windows 11 driver.

I disabled windows management of default printer and can confirm that the first open of a project from the Starter was successful!

Ill try a few more times as part of my usual work week and come back and accept as solution if this eliminates the issue every time.

stoneunturned
Booster

Unfortunately, not so successful..

Prior to this screenshot, i had 3 instances, all blue cycling (frozen) on the Starter from just trying to double click the project from the list. As you can see from the snip, windows is not set to manage default printer.

Further, i just opened the Starter and immediately clicked closed (without having clicked on anything else) and it froze.

stoneunturned_0-1710126355717.png

Learn and get certified!