BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Renders skipping cameras!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I just registered to make a single question I cant seem to find the answer.

Also, I'm not into Archicad, but I'm trying to help my girlfriend to solve her problem. Sorry if I dont use the correct terms for each thing.

She's an architect and she does a lot of rendering in archicad. As far as i understand she "put cameras" along the design and make the render. A video type file with 360º views with different cameras. Her problem is that, when doing some big renders that take a lot of time Archicad sometimes skips cameras, resulting on a bad render, sometimes you "change" to the next camera and theres nothing!

She has a Dell Precision 490 Workstation
Dual Xenon Quad Core 3.2Ghz
2gb DDR 533 raam
Nvidia Quadro card (dont remember the exact model)

She's using Archicad 9, I would appriciate any help regarding my problem.
I would like to add, the other day that i used her computer I ran Prime95 to stress the cpu's and they got to 77ºC which is A LOT imho, I was thinking that has something to do with the problem, also the rams get that high temps maybe a little more 79ºC.

Thanks for the help! 😃

Paul
2 REPLIES 2
Erika Epstein
Booster
Paul,
Good of you to help your girlfriend. We need a little more information like what platform is she on and which version of archicad.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry sorry! I forgot only..Windows XP SP2, but..i did wrote she's using Archicad 9!

My real concern is, do you think the computer temps has something to do with this? I think the temps are...insane i mean 77ºC on LOAD, thats bad....All the case design is very bad, no air flow and all.

Anyway, what do you think, if you need more info just tell me! And thanks for the quick reply 😉
Learn and get certified!