BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

[Totally off-topic] Cool Powerbook thing

When you open the sleeping or turned-off Powerbook in a dimly lit room so that the screen is between your eyes and say a table lamp at the back, you see the ghost of the translucent Apple in the dark screen. Oh it is so much fun! I will do it every night.
8 REPLIES 8
Eduardo Rolon
On a slightly more productive note using Expose with elevations and details windows open is extemely productive (not to mention cool). The maximum amount of windows I had open in AC when I switch Expose was 50 and no lag on my PB.
BTW this was with only 1GB of ram and most of the windows were details...
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Dwight
Newcomer
And that backwards apple thing is a pain when you give a presentation in the dark. Who wants to be projecting a billboard ad?

Thank goodness that duct tape is titanium colored!
Dwight Atkinson
Eduardo Rolon
Shouldn't that be "Aluminum"
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Dwight
Newcomer
Back in the old days - thirty months ago - the alleged color was titanium - slinky grey paint - before they wized-up and went for the anodizing - like, bring it into the new millennium already!

And I had this tape that almost matched.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
but I was playing with a titanium welding coupon the other day and raw titanuium is totally unlike what they call titanium in cupertino.

But that inconel, now there's a nasty material!
Dwight Atkinson
Eduardo Rolon
To get my post count up...
INCONEL
Definition: a nickel-base alloy with chromium and iron; used in gas-turbine blades
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Dwight
Newcomer
Keep at it, buster, you have a ways to go before you get into the medal round on this one.

Not only turbine blades, but anywhere in a jet engine where it gets hot. Very suitable for use in Powerbook for just that reason.

Nasty stuff. Tenacious. Put this in a band saw and it tears the teeth off of the blade - it needs what is called a friction blade to cut. You end up with razor sharp icicles along the cut edge. ick.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
other materials to look up:

Featured in "The Aviator" those shiny planes were berillium alloy and Hearst castle uses, for its non-corroding kitchen countertops the proto-stainless steel material "monel," but regrettably, it retains fingerprints. Who cares if you have servants?
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!