BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Arched Doors and Windows aren't cutting into walls correctly in 3D

HPAarchitects
Newcomer

Hi, can anyone please help here.

I've upload pre-load arched doors and windows into my model but all the sudden they aren't showing up correctly in 3D. The arched doors and windows are showing they are cut into the wall with a rectangular shape and and not taking the shape of the doors and windows. As well as there in a portion of the wall missing for underneath the sidelights of another pre-load door.

Screenshot 2024-01-25 074013.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

The rectangular holes are because the WALLHOLE has not been defined in the object properly.

Did you (or someone else) create these by 'save as window object' ?

If so, you did not follow the correct procedure for creating the wallhole (i.e. save with a slab the shape of the hole with an ID of "WALLHOLE").

If you didn't create the window objects, you will need to contact the person that did.

If they are standard windows from the default library, I do not understand why this is happening.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry,

No, they are default arched windows and doors from the default library... It was been fine for the past week but when i opened the program the other day the windows and doors all the sudden looked like this and I have no clue what happened.

If they are default library objects, I can't think what the problem would be.

They should be fine.

It shouldn't be a problem with the library that is loaded, but may pay to check that is OK and there are no errors in the Library manager.

Maybe it is a Model View Option?

You can adjust the detail level of doors/windows in 3D, but they appear to be fully detailed in your image, and it shouldn't affect the wallholes anyway.

If you try another file, do you get the same result?

Have you restarted your machine lately?

You would be surprised of the problems that fixes if you have not done so in a while.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!