BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Backreferencing separators

Erich
Contributor
It appears to me that the codes used for backreferencing in the Title objects only allows references to be in a single line. Does anyone know how to split each reference so it appears on a separate line instead? I tried using the \n code but it does not seem to work in this case.
				TEXT2 posX, posY, "<BACKREFSHEETNUMBER_R><DUMMY><"+ gs_backref_separator + ">" + AC_BackReferenceGUIDList[1]

Thanks.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
3 REPLIES 3
Erich
Contributor
Has anyone else created or modified a title object with back referencing abilities?

I would like to be able to split up the returned back reference names into multiple lines but given the code used, see above, I don't think this is possible. Still, I have some hope that someone better with GDL skills than myself might have an idea how to do this.

Thanks.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
Barbara Sommer
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
In order to break backreference texts, you have to rescript the title object:

Add some intelligent hotspots, which will define the width of the textblock.
This width has to be added to the "textblock" width parameter, this way it will be possible to split each reference so it appears on separate lines (Sy_RichTextType, nonBreaking, width).

Afterwards probably the autotext's text

"<BACKREFSHEETNUMBER_R><DUMMY><"+ gs_backref_separator + ">" + AC_BackReferenceGUIDList[1]

has to be rewritten because of prior changes into RICHTEXT2.
Barbara Sommer
Technical Support Team
Graphisoft
Budapest, Hungary
archicadwiki - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
Erich
Contributor
Barbara,

Thank you for the reply. I will give this a try.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
Learn and get certified!