BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom Component alert

R Muller
Enthusiast
Can anyone explain what this scary message means and what might happen if I click "update"?

How would a new custom component be "found"? Where could it come from? If I say "update" will all the custom dimensions for my curtain wall mullions, etc. be clobbered?

Picture 3.png
R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey
5 REPLIES 5
Rod Jurich
Contributor
R wrote:
/.. my curtain wall mullions, /..
Implies you are on 12.

Helps to know for sure and have you any Cadimage Tools loaded.
If so, I suspect it may come from their camp.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
R Muller
Enthusiast
Yes, I'm on AC12. I don't have any CadImage Tools installed.
R Muller
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I'm sure this happens when you load a custom component made in a previous AC Version with another custom component made with the current AC version, that both have the same names.

I think it's because the GUIDs are the same.

Cheers,
Link.
R Muller
Enthusiast
As far as I know, I have only 1 custom component (a door panel) which I recently created in AC12 as an experiment. I wanted to use it with the new curtain wall tool, and it didn't work. I'm not sure if it is stored as part of the model I used it in, or if it is in my library, or what.

The message seemed to come up after I saved the model, somebody else worked on it, and then I opened it again.

If I do get it to work, how do I make sure that everybody on the team has access to it? Is it a library part that can go in our standard office library?
R Muller
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
R wrote:
If I do get it to work, how do I make sure that everybody on the team has access to it? Is it a library part that can go in our standard office library?
Yes, it should go in your office library. Follow the instructions on the warning dialog.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!