Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Determining Relevant Stories

JKL
Contributor

How does Archicad determine what stories are relevant to an object?

For example, I cannot get my toilets to show up on the foundation, but the sinks do. The settings are the same throughout-but one is determined to be relevant to the foundation and one isn't (issue posted here:https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Modeling/Show-On-All-Relevant-Stories/m-p/582360/highlight/true#... )

Any suggestions for having the system determine the toilet is relevant on the foundation?

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon

Designer

Mac

Archicad 26
2 REPLIES 2
Josh Verran
Expert

Something to be aware of, not all objects behave as expected with regards to relevant stories.

This caught me out a while back, no matter what I did objects weren't showing.
From memory it has something to do with bottom or Z value being defined in the objects parameters.

Someone with GDL knowledge might be able to expand/explain further.

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER | LinkedIn | My Top Wishes

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

Perth, Australia and Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)

Oh, interesting! I'll  have to look at the Z value and see if there is a difference there. Even if I put the toilet cutting through that story, it doesn't show, however the sinks are not on that story at all and show. Definitely not behaving as expected!

Designer

Mac

Archicad 26

Setup info provided by author