Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Equal Id Tag categories

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! I have a Question why all my objects have the same ID Number?
"2st Flr Jst". There is any way I can fix it?
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Well, you can always use the Element ID Manager to change the IDs of many elements in one step.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Giuseppe:

1. If the element has a number (like Slab 01 Ex), the ID will increment as new elements are added.
2.In your Work Environment check User Profile Schemes > More Options > Assign New Element ID to Each New Element.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks both for yours answers. I already know how I can change them,and I check my W.I., but my question was why the name is always the same, and if I want to scheduled them using the ID................ all will be scheduled or not.
Thanks any way may be the problem is in our template file we use.
Thanks again.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
giuseppe wrote:
but my question was why the name is always the same, and if I want to scheduled them using the ID................ all will be scheduled or not.
Thanks any way may be the problem is in our template file we use.
The element ID, like other element parameters, is a default value. So the ID should be set before using the tool. Changing the ID in the template, like changing other default values, will make this easier to use.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David