BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

HELP! Problem with importing ifc object

Zidececek
Participant

Hello,

I am having problems with ifc object from bim objects. A normally import the object (specifically this one https://www.bimobject.com/cs/ariston/product/nimbus-compact-s-net-r32?software=archicad) and when in archicad there is this weird kind of frame around it and I have no idea how to get rid of it, because its not suppose to be part of the heat pump inside unit and also I am not able to change dimensions.

I would be greatfull for any suggestions!

image.png

Operating system used: Windows

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Marc H
Advisor

I'll give this a shot:  The imported object includes a larger box around the pump; presumably a clearance.  However, they do not give you a parameter to turn it off.  Unfortunately, at least in my import, the assigned surface and BMat are shared for both the main object and the outer box.

The good news is you can edit the object once in AC.  In looking at the 3D script, there are two 'bodies' called out.  The first one is the outer box and the second is the unit itself.  The simplest fix is to delete the first body scripting section and save the object with that modification.   If you plan to re-use this object multiple times, you may invest some time to add a parameter to enable this outer box to be turned off and address the BMats and surfaces.

You may want to address the issue with the website to have the manufacturer provide better objects for download.  Honestly, though, if it were for my library, I would just create a simple box morph or object with a few additive shapes and populate the data set.  For box-like objects such as these, simpler objects are smaller and easier to work with.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Marc H
Advisor

I'll give this a shot:  The imported object includes a larger box around the pump; presumably a clearance.  However, they do not give you a parameter to turn it off.  Unfortunately, at least in my import, the assigned surface and BMat are shared for both the main object and the outer box.

The good news is you can edit the object once in AC.  In looking at the 3D script, there are two 'bodies' called out.  The first one is the outer box and the second is the unit itself.  The simplest fix is to delete the first body scripting section and save the object with that modification.   If you plan to re-use this object multiple times, you may invest some time to add a parameter to enable this outer box to be turned off and address the BMats and surfaces.

You may want to address the issue with the website to have the manufacturer provide better objects for download.  Honestly, though, if it were for my library, I would just create a simple box morph or object with a few additive shapes and populate the data set.  For box-like objects such as these, simpler objects are smaller and easier to work with.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!