BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Library problem!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe there is a problem with my library 11. Does anyone know the page to get to so I can re-download it? When I go to "check for updates", it says I have the latest library and will not direct me to the download page. There is a link n the side called "Downloads" but I cannot find the library from there...

Also, what is the difference between the "library container file" (.lcf) and the ArchiCAD 11 folder? Should the .lcf file go into the folder? When I do that, I get duplicate warnings in the library report...
4 REPLIES 4
Stress Co_
Advisor
Steven wrote:
I believe there is a problem with my library 11. Does anyone know the page to get to so I can re-download it? .
Try HERE....BTW, are you any relation to Simon?
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Steven wrote:
Also, what is the difference between the "library container file" (.lcf) and the ArchiCAD 11 folder? Should the .lcf file go into the folder? When I do that, I get duplicate warnings in the library report...
The .lcf file is a single file that contains the library, and that can be loaded via the Library Manager. It is possible (with the Extract a Container... command) to extract this file back to its original folders and files. If you are getting duplicate warnings, then you have loaded more than one copy of the library (could be duplicate .lcf files, duplicate extracted folders, or a combination of both). Check the Library Manager to see if more than one copy is being loaded. Also, if you are loading folders, check via the Finder that only one copy of the library is in that folder.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a very similar problem. earlier I was working on AC10 now when I open the projects in AC 11 I see small dots where objects and doors & windows area supposed to be. I also get messages regarding Missing zones. I also work at home sometimes where the problem is repeated. I have loaded AC10 library thru the manager, now I get Missing / Doubles report for library loading.

Is there any place where i can find some Information on best practices on library management?
Djordje
Ace
ameyaj wrote:
I have a very similar problem. earlier I was working on AC10 now when I open the projects in AC 11 I see small dots where objects and doors & windows area supposed to be. I also get messages regarding Missing zones. I also work at home sometimes where the problem is repeated. I have loaded AC10 library thru the manager, now I get Missing / Doubles report for library loading.

Is there any place where i can find some Information on best practices on library management?
If you use 10 project in 11, unless you want to re-link all the lib parts, you should load the Subset 10 library - you can find it at the update Web page.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!