BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Missing Parts in AC12

The basic Base Cabinets (1dr,2dr and 3dr) are missing from the Casework file in AC12. Similar Library Parts in AC 11 will work,with minor parameters changes.
I would like to move a copy of these Parts from AC11 to AC 12 and place them in their right location. Does anybody know how to open the AC12.lcd file to gain access to the Casework folder ?
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Conrado,

I can only answer because I know from another thread that you have the MEP add-on for 12. It would be helpful if your signature (Profile) indicated AC 12 MEP ... and anyone reading this who has MEP, please add it to your signature for reasons that you will see...

If you have the MEP Add-On licensed and installed, then a variety of library parts which show up when browsing with the Object Tool (chair icon) will seem to have disappeared.

The apparently 'missing' parts are now associated with MEP tools which use certain 'smarts' that the standard parts have. For example, most plumbing fixtures can no longer be seen with the Object Tool, but instead show up with the "Equipment Tool".

You will find the missing base cabinets under 12 Furnishings 12 > 12 30 00 Casework 12 in the US library....and I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how many pieces of equipment in the standard library are understood by the MEP system.

Personally, I find this behavior a little disconcerting and wish we could just use the Object Tool to place 'equipment', so that things were found the same whether the MEP add-on was loaded or not.

Attached is a screenshot showing part of the Equipment Settings dialog with the 3 door cabinet base selected and the (MEP) Connections panel visible.

Regards,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
PS Of course, you just set the sink to "none" to get a plain cabinet. A slight bug (?) is that with sink set to 'none', there are still connections for water and waste.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl:
You are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for your prompt reply.

I can understand the logic for the Parts files relocation, after your explanation.
It will have been helpful if GS had alerted about this behavior in the MEP manual.
Now, I remember some reference in the manual to AC w/ MEP and AC w/o MEP.

Conrado
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
Learn and get certified!