BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Preview Picture

rengarch
Participant
I was making 2D symbol Object and copied the line drawing from the 2D Symbol Window to paste into the Preview Window. I get a warning dialogue box saying that my clipboard is empty and to use the Cut or Copy. I even go up the menu bar to select Copy and then Paste. Still the same message.

What am I doing wrong. I tried to copy the lines from the 2D Full View Window and get the same message. I have been doing this since Archicad 8 and now it is not working in V11.
Thanks in advance.
Rita MF Eng, AIA
iMac 27" 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096MB
MAC OSX 10.11.6
Archicad 20
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
rengarch wrote:
I was making 2D symbol Object and copied the line drawing from the 2D Symbol Window to paste into the Preview Window. I get a warning dialogue box saying that my clipboard is empty and to use the Cut or Copy. I even go up the menu bar to select Copy and then Paste. Still the same message.

What am I doing wrong. I tried to copy the lines from the 2D Full View Window and get the same message. I have been doing this since Archicad 8 and now it is not working in V11.
Thanks in advance.
Graphisoft changed the defaults because there was an issue with copy and paste in previous versions.

Read this link and it might help you out. I'm not sure what you need to do on a Mac but it must be possible to change the default setting.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=95072&highlight=preview#95072

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
rengarch
Participant
Thank you for the link. I finally figured it out. On the Mac at least, you cannot use the Command-C and then Command-V keystrokes. You have to use the system's "Copy picture of selected area to the clipboard" SHIFT-CTL-COMMAND-4 and drag the marque over the image you want to paste. Then you can use the Command-V in the preview.

You can change the shortcut in the System Preference.
How convoluted is that?
Rita
Rita MF Eng, AIA
iMac 27" 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096MB
MAC OSX 10.11.6
Archicad 20
Learn and get certified!